[emf-dev] New plugin ?

Hello all,

I'm asking myself about a way to create a new plugin for EMF.
I'd like to make EMF able to produce other formats than XML.

In the Overview, I can read :
"If you want to serialize your objects in a format other than XMI, that’s easy
to arrange as well. Create your own resource class (as a subclass of
ResourceImpl) that implements your preferred serialization format, and then
either register it locally with your resource set, or with the global factory
registry if you want it to always be used with your model. You will also need to
write the actual serialize and parse code."

Here some questions :
1. Can I test my future plugin without Eclipse ?
2. Which are the steps for reading a XMI file (RessourceSet, ...) and producing
a JAVA file (I see this nowhere) ?
3. Is someone ever tried to create a new plugin ?

If you have some code to give me to read, I accept with pleasure !!

thanks for answers !!

JF Bucas

Back to the top