Re: [egit-dev] Archive of EGit update repos

On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 8:15 AM Kit Lo <kitlo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I just noticed that EGit 4.* to 5.8 update repos have been archived from download.eclipse.org to archive.eclipse.org. I did not hear any announcement about the plan for the archive. Was that intentional? Eclipse project depends on EGit. The archive is breaking all Eclipse builds for R4_17_maintenance and older. Is there any chance of restoring the EGit 4.* to 5.8 update repos to download.eclipse.org?

Sorry, I didn't intend to cause trouble.
I did that since the webmaster asked all projects (I think on the cross-projects list)
to free space on the download server and didn't expect anyone to still depend on these old versions.

Is there some way we can link from download.eclipse.org to the archived p2 repos on archive.eclipse.org ?

-MatthiasĀ

Regards,
Kit Lo
Eclipse Babel Project Lead
IBM Eclipse SDK (IES) Technical Lead and Release Manager