Re: [egit-dev] Merge request integration with Git Flow

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 9:59 AM Max <eclipse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Muhmud,

I think it would be nice, if the EGit Gitflow support could also support
these scripts.
However, I am not clear on the current situation of Git-hook support in
EGit.
We don't seem to mention it in our user guide [1], but maybe it is not
necessary because it is standard Git behavior that does not require a
separate EGit setup?
Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

look at the type hierarchy of GitHook [1] in jgit. It currently supports the following hooks
  • commit-msg
  • post-commit
  • pre-commit
  • pre-push
running the hooks via FS.runHookIfPresent() is currently only implemented in FS_Posix
This means there is no implementation for Windows yet.

If EGit in general would support these hooks, and it is only a matter of
triggering them in the right moment in Gitflow, I'd be up for supporting
the effort to add this feature.

Cheers
Max

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/User_Guide