Re: [egit-dev] Issues setting up Egit project

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 6:22 AM Prashant Rathod <prashant-rathod@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I would like to make contribution to the Egit Github project, I’m trying to get the source code running on my local machine but couldn’t build the project.

I’m following https://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/Contributor_Guide#Automated_Developer_Setup , so far I followed all the steps and the source coded has been properly setup. My default target was set to egit-4.6 automatically during the setup.

Now, whenever I maven build a project (e.g. the tests project or the docs), I get the following error - Could not resolve target platform specification artifact org.eclipse.egit:org.eclipse.egit.target:target:egit-4.6:5.1.0-SNAPSHOT

I’ve tried the setup on two different machines and ended up at the same error message. I’ve attached a complete log with this email.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to proceed with this

We do not publish SNAPSHOT builds hence you need to first build jgit and egit locally before you can build egit-github.
Follow the Maven build sequence given here:

-Matthias

Back to the top