Re: [egit-dev] [cross-project-issues-dev] Eclipse Photon Opt-in

On Aug 22, 2017, at 22:50, Matthias Sohn wrote:

> I propose we ship 5.0 for Photon in June 2018, this gives us the chance for API cleanup.
> What do you think ?

Fine by me. EGit doesn’t have a public API anyway… well, nearly: packages
org.eclipse.egit.gitflow and org.eclipse.egit.gitflow.op are _not_ marked
x-internal or x-friends. And EGerrit is using at least one internal class from
EGit UI (FetchGerritChangeWizard, IIRC).

Can’t comment on JGit.

General question: do the API removal policy[1] or the Deprecation policy[2] apply?
If so, isn’t it too late already if some obsolete APIs were to be removed?

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse/API_Central/API_Removal_Process
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse/API_Central/Deprecation_Policy

—
Thomas