Re: [egit-dev] tagging 4.8 RC1 for Oxygen M7

+1,

I’ll switch to 4.9 on master later today

I’d like to have David Turner’s gc fixes in, will test them soon. I’ll move these changes to stable-4.8 branch after switching to 4.9 on master

From: <egit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Thomas Wolf <thomas.wolf@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, 30. May 2017 at 09:22
To: EGit developer discussion <egit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [egit-dev] tagging 4.8 RC1 for Oxygen M7

On May 17, 2017, at 15:23 , Matthias Sohn wrote:

I am tagging 4.8 RC1 right now on the stable-4.8 branch and will contribute it to Oxygen M7.

I am using the stable-4.8 branch for that in order to not disturb anyone working on master.

You can continue to push changes for 4.8 to master.

We will switch to 4.9 on master next week when Oxygen RC1 is due, see the Oxygen

release train schedule [1].

So what's the plan? At some point merge master into stable-4.8 and then switch master to 4.9.0-SNAPSHOT?

When would that happen? I don't see any immediate things that absolutely would need to go into EGit 4.8 besides those that are already on master. I will in any case not submit larger changes now; on Gerrit, we currently have three open things:

* the smartimport feature  stuff: that might go into 4.8 if it now works, but I'll have to re-test.

* the commit message provider extension: that's for 4.9.

* the decorations for resource mappings: also for 4.9.

Plus I'm currently holding back some changes that are ready locally that I also would prefer to have in 4.9/nightly only.

We have a few bug reports about EGit usage in Oxygen-RC1, but I've been unable to reproduce them. If last-minute blocker bugs turn up, we can still do minimal fixes on stable-4.8.

So I'm all for switching master to 4.9 soon.

Cheers,

  Thomas

Back to the top