Re: [egit-dev] Two EGit usability enhancements

Thanks for taking the JGit change. I have fixed the UI. Works nice.

https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/90535/

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 12:26 AM, Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 8:56 PM, Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think it would be better to always create a valid branch name and to
remove the checkbox.

Matthias should we get rid of that? It means that some characters that were otherwise valid will not be able to go in the branch name anymore. No big loss if you ask me.

we could avoid this loss if we change Repository.normalizeBranchName(String name) to first check if the passed
is already a valid ref, seeĀ https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/90474

I think it's ok to remove the checkbox if we accept already valid branch names.

-Matthias

Back to the top