Re: [egit-dev] Automatic submodule updating

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 9:44 AM, <carsten.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote on 06.09.2016 14:38:51:

> so you want to automate running git submodule update after moving to
> a new version of the super project ?

> I think this would be useful and looks like a nice enhancement for EGit.

Yes, exactly. Thanks for the encouragement, I'll start working on this, then.
Do you have an opinion on which level(s) this should be configurable?

For our needs it would be sufficient to add a workspace-wide preference,
maybe per-operation.

I think we could start with a simple workspace wide preference to enable auto-update of submodules.
Not sure if we need separate options per operation.

-Matthias

Back to the top