Re: [egit-dev] Commit Action and Staging View

I almost always use the Commit dialog and not the Staging view. What does "deprecation" mean? Is it gone? That would really be bad.

Dani

From:        Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        EGit developer discussion <egit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        09.07.2016 19:13
Subject:        [egit-dev] Commit Action and Staging View
Sent by:        egit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

My largest issue with deprecating the commit dialog is the loss of simplicity when committing files which have not been staged before. With the dialog, every selected file was committed. Now with the Staging View I have to go another mile and drag and drop files.

I was wondering if the Commit action could auto-stage selected files.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/497574

I'm pretty sure there are other opinions. Thus, the behaviour should likely be configurable. How are others dealing with this loss of simplicity?

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,