Re: [egit-dev] Git Staging view question

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Commit is mapped to CMD - ALT - 3 (on Mac), though it doesn't work from staging view
> and when pressed e.g. in repositories view it brings up the deprecated commit dialog :-(

AFAIK it used to work by just using Ctrl/Cmd+Enter. Much like sending in a lot chat windows.

i think the main issue with the view is focus. When the commit dialog was present, focus was clear and Ctrl/Cmd+Enter made sense. For the view it might still worth to support this when the view (especially the commit message text field) has focus.

Thoughts?

I completely forgot about this shortcut. Looks like we need some hint for the user to find this shortcut.
I tried and can confirm that Cmd+Enter triggers commit when focus is in the commit message editor of the staging view.

Back to the top