Re: [egit-dev] Formatting rules for EGit/JGit

I disagree with that and am with Lars.

Dani

From:        Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:        EGit developer discussion <egit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        21.06.2016 16:40
Subject:        Re: [egit-dev] Formatting rules for EGit/JGit
Sent by:        egit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 4:23 PM, Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Are there as any plan to increase the line length formatter setting in the EGit/JGit project?

We in Platform have done this a while ago (80->120) and I think the code reads better.

no

with a max width of 80 I can open 3 Editors next to each other without
horizontal scrollbars. I think this is more valuable than allowing wider lines

​[attachment "Screen Shot 2016-06-21 at 16.32.37.png" deleted by Daniel Megert/Zurich/IBM]