Re: [egit-dev] Trying to convince Kepler to see a clone of a remote

Ok, I get how that’s done and can work it through that path. Thanks.

From: Matthias Sohn [mailto:matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: August 12, 2015 7:17 PM
To: Randall S. Becker <rsbecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: EGit developer discussion <egit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [egit-dev] Trying to convince Kepler to see a clone of a remote

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 11:49 PM, Randall S. Becker <rsbecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok, thanks. It was SR2 – my bad. Let me ask this a different way:

I have little control over where the repository is cloned when using JGit. How does EGit figure out that it needs to add a .git repo to the list of repositories in the Git Repositories view without doing a periodic full scan of all the file system when Auto Sharing is on? Is there a hook inside JGit that triggers this?

Neither EGit nor JGit scan the complete file system for git repositories since this would eat a lot of resources.

EGit registers an event handler [1] looking for new projects being imported into the current

Eclipse workspace, if a project is imported and auto-sharing is on this event handler checks if the project

is contained in a git repository, if yes this git repository will be auto-shared. Otherwise you

have to add the repository manually using the "Add repository" command in the repositories view.