[egit-dev] Trying to convince Kepler to see a clone of a remote

G’day,

I have what should be a simple question.

Given a remote repo, with SSH auth (not really relevant).

Attempting to clone the remote to a local drive under windows with ECLIPSE Kepler RC2.

The org.eclipse.egit.core.op.CloneOperation object appears to be restricted (MANIFEST.MF x-friends limits to egit only in v3.2).

JGit is perfectly happy to clone the repository, however, in order to convince EGit to see it, without breaking the restriction, I seem to have to use the user interface to add a local repository of what was just cloned.

The JGit operation was a fairly obvious Git.cloneRepository().

Is there a proper API way to do this? Some EGit technique or a JGit hook? Searching the usual suspects does not give any insight. I cannot, by coding standards, ignore the restriction in this effort.

Cheers,

Randall

-- Brief whoami: NonStop&UNIX developer since approximately UNIX(421664400)/NonStop(211288444200000000)

-- In my real life, I talk too much.

Back to the top