Re: [egit-dev] Proposed menu reordering

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 4:14 PM, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

Here is a list of suggestion in order to improve the EGit context-menu when on a resource:
* Put "add to index" and the index group in general as 1st group in context menu
* Put all Push/Pull operations + Remote together (ie put a separator before "Push to Upstream" and put "Remote >" just under "Pull"
* Put "Reset" just under "switch to"
* Put "Rebase" just under "Merge"
* Put "Synchronize workspace" in the "Advanced" sub-menu
* Put "Remove from Index" and "Ignore" in a sub-menu, together with the "Assume Unchanged" "No assume unchanged" "untrack" from "Advanced".

That would give:

Add to index
Other >
   Remove from index
   Ignore
   Assume Unchanged
   No assume unchanged
   Untrack
----
Commit
Stashes >
---
Push to Upstream
Fetch from Upstream
Push branch 'master'...
Pull
Remote >
---
Merge...
Rebase...
Merge Tool
---
Switch To >
Reset...
Advanced >
---
Create Patch...
Apply Patch...
---
Show in History
Show in Repository View
---
Disconnect

What do you think about this proposal? If we agree it's better, I'll put it in a Bugzilla.

- please open a bug to track this discussion
- and explain the reasons why you think this order is better
- looks like you are talking about the menu on projects, right ? The one on resources looks different.

-Matthias

Back to the top