Re: [egit-dev] Automatic Gerrit setup for Eclipse.org repos ?

> AFAIK you can use Oomph to provide an automated Eclipse setup for your contributors.

Yes, Oomph can do that.

Dani

From:        Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:        "egit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <egit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        20.02.2015 12:23
Subject:        Re: [egit-dev] Automatic Gerrit setup for Eclipse.org repos ?
Sent by:        egit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Oberhuber, Martin <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi egit experts,

I would like to make it easier for adopters of our Eclipse project (TCF) to contribute.

I have set up a team project set which clones our git repo via https.

This is fine for browsing our repo, but as soon as somebody wants to contribute to Gerrit, they have to manually set it up.

My expectation was that egit would automatically discover that the URL from my project set is Gerrit-enabled, and would set up the Gerrit integration automatically.

I’d like to avoid the extra Gerrit setup step which looks like would be the same for all Eclipse projects on all repos.

Is there any way making this happen ?

EGit doesn't try to automagically find out if the URL of a remote points to a Gerrit server.
AFAIK you can use Oomph to provide an automated Eclipse setup for your contributors.

egit-dev mailing list
egit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/egit-dev

Back to the top