Re: [egit-dev] Version of EGit in Luna SR2

For what it's worth, we (Oracle) always keep current with latest EGit
releases in our Eclipse distros and what's delivered through our network
installer. This gets used by a significant portion of Oracle users that
develop with Eclipse. EGit gets a fair amount of exercise between
stand-alone scenarios and Oracle Developer Cloud Service. We are currently
on EGit 3.6.1 internally and I've included the breakdown of EGit versions in
past few of our releases.

12.1.3.3.1 (2015-01-05) - EGit 3.5.3
12.1.3.3 (2014-11-11) - EGit 3.5.2
12.1.3.2 (2014-09-26) - EGit 3.4.1 (pure Luna SR1)

We have not had any internal complaints regarding 3.6/3.6.1 and have not had
any customer complaints regarding the 3.5.x line.

If 3.6.x line is deemed too risky for Luna SR2 for some users, it would be
better to include 3.5.3 rather than 3.4.2.

Thanks,

- Konstantin