Re: [egit-dev] Version of EGit in Luna SR2

On Wednesday 21 January 2015 23:17 Matthias Sohn wrote:
> we could update to 3.6.2 which I just tagged and will announce later today
> (3.6.1 has a regression hence we shouldn't use that).
>
> EGit users/adopters: can we get some more opinions on this proposal ?

Our lab is using last week snapshot from egit 3.7 (== 3.6 with few patches on top) on Eclipse 3.8 and I haven't received any complains so far.

Pros: 3.6 is a *LOT* faster on huge repositories comparing with 3.4, it is a game changer.
Cons: 3.6 is definitely *not* a bugfix release - there was such big changes like ignore parser rewrite which I wouldn't qualify as a "small fix".

I personally think that integrating Egit 3.6 to Luna SR2 is *not* worh the risk to break someone.

Rolling out an update to latest Egit to the whole lab is done in few minutes, we have fortunately not so much dependencies like Xtext, which is a nightmare to upgrade (I did it few times :-(). Downgrade eventually broken Egit isn't that straightforward however and can't be done automatically via simple update site.

--
Kind regards,
google.com/+AndreyLoskutov

Back to the top