Re: [egit-dev] Auto-ignore

Interesting; I don’t get any changes in staging view or anything (because all the directories /are/ ignored), but the only way to prevent EGit from changing 755 files is to disable auto-ignore – then everything works like a charm. Some side-effect of the re-writing of the parser?

Cheers,

Markus

Von: Matthias Sohn [mailto:matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 9. Dezember 2014 17:20
An: Duft Markus
Cc: EGit developer discussion (egit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Betreff: Re: [egit-dev] Auto-ignore

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 4:21 PM, Duft Markus <Markus.Duft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey,

Has there been changes to auto-ignore since 3.5.1? I cherry-picked another EGit fix (you will hear about soon on this list :)) to current master and when trying it out, I get 755 changed (or new) .gitignore files for /bin/ directories in the repository – even though they are already ignored by our top-level .gitignore (manually)... bug or feature? :D

there was no change in auto-ignore since 3.5.1, it's implemented in

org.eclipse.egit.core.Activator.IgnoreDerivedResources

which was changed last on April 18, 2014

it's registering for resource change events for new derived files, checks if these

are already ignored and if that's not the case it will ignore them.

The ignore rule parser was rewritten from scratch, though I am not aware of any problems

--

Matthias

Salomon Automation GmbH | Friesachstrasse 15 | 8114 Friesach bei Graz | Austria
Registered Office: Friesach bei Graz | Commercial Register: 49324 K | VAT no. ATU28654300
Commercial Court: Landesgericht für Zivilrechtssachen Graz

Back to the top