Re: [egit-dev] Auto-ignore

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 4:21 PM, Duft Markus <Markus.Duft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey,

Has there been changes to auto-ignore since 3.5.1? I cherry-picked another EGit fix (you will hear about soon on this list :)) to current master and when trying it out, I get 755 changed (or new) .gitignore files for /bin/ directories in the repository – even though they are already ignored by our top-level .gitignore (manually)... bug or feature? :D

there was no change in auto-ignore since 3.5.1, it's implemented in
org.eclipse.egit.core.Activator.IgnoreDerivedResources
which was changed last on April 18, 2014

it's registering for resource change events for new derived files, checks if these
are already ignored and if that's not the case it will ignore them.

The ignore rule parser was rewritten from scratch, though I am not aware of any problems

--
Matthias

Back to the top