Re: [egit-dev] Auto-discovery of EGit features when installing other features

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Matthias,

Matthias Sohn wrote:
> I am not sure what adding a discovery url to a feature does.

well, at least one of the EGit committers does, as that's what you use
yourselves for EGit [1]. ;-) From the docs [2]:

:-)

"URL to go to for new features. In general, a provider can use this
element to reference its own site(s), or site(s) of partners that offer
complementary features. Eclipse uses this element simply as a way to
distribute new site URLs to the clients."

> If you want to make your repository a composite you can either use
> http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates
> if you always want to refer to the latest egit release.
> Otherwise find the list of p2 repositories here
> https://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/FAQ#Where_can_I_find_older_releases_of_EGit.3F
> and the following list can be used to find out on which platform
> versions a given EGit version should work:
> https://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/FAQ#What_versions_of_Eclipse_does_EGit_target.3F

Very helpful. Thanks.

If we go down the composite update site route (which I would like to
avoid because of the additional roundtrips, if possible), we will
probably link to one specific version of EGit that's known to work with
all the Eclipse versions Code Recommenders.

I would also first try adding the discovery url

--
Matthias

Back to the top