Re: [egit-dev] E git plugin not automatically recognizing git projects (when imported as a general project e git plugin does not recognize the project as a git project)

Hi Matthias,

I tried with the latest release 3.5.2.201411120430-r, and the issue is still there,

to be more precise:

when you import a git cloned project into eclipse as a general project, if you have a .git folder in your home directory that belongs to some project, e-git plugin will not recognize that project as a git cloned project to give the team-> commands on right click.

but in the same scenario if you import it specifically as a git project via import ->  git -> Projects from git, it will recognize the git repo and provide the team commands

got egit plugin to recognize the git repo on general import i have to delete my .git folder in home directory.

I will report a bug on this.

thanks and regards
Awanthika

--