Re: [egit-dev] E git plugin not automatically recognizing git projects (when imported as a general project e git plugin does not recognize the project as a git project)

Hi Matthias ,

thanks, what i meant by git project was a project cloned from a git repo.

I got it solved

I have had a .git folder which was not cleaned properly at my home directory, Apparently when you have a .git folder at root level and import a git cloned project as a general project e-git fails to automatically recognize it as a git project since it gets confused with the two .git folders, deleting the root level .git folder resolved my issue!!

thanks!
awanthika