Re: [egit-dev] bug for egit synchronize view showing diff when there are no real diff - git status "fixes" it

You might want to look at the files in a hex viewer to compare line endings. If something is doing a bulk replacement of \n to \r\n (or vice versa) then the SHAs will differ. You can set up git to convert or not with core config. I suspect that the index is being reset to the on disk sha after status has run and that causes jgit  to rebuild its view.

Alex

Sent from my iPhat 6