[egit-dev] bug for egit synchronize view showing diff when there are no real diff - git status "fixes" it

Hey,

I'm trying to figure out the proper fix for this issue https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/460751/ which is that egit synchronize view shows a tons of "conflicting changes" when there in reality are only one change.

The reproducible test I have is as follows:

git clone https://github.com/joshuawilson/snowdrop-examples
cd snowdrop-examples
git fetch origin snowdrop-less
git co snowdrop-less

git status  shows no changes.

Now import the project in eclipse and use synchronize view.

Now multiple files shows up as conflicting changes.

Why ?

Then I run 'git status' on the command a few times and voila, egit synchronize view now shows the correct state: no changes.

Is this a known issue ? what is the git status command doing that makes egit conform to reality ?

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen

Back to the top