Re: [egit-dev] [Import] Why proposing the New Project wizard instead of Import Projects wizard?

On 10/16/2014 09:25 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
On 16 Oct 2014, at 16:31, Mickael Istria wrote:

On 10/16/2014 04:22 PM, Matthias Sohn wrote:

Also, do you have an idea about my second question? About a generic & backward-compatible way to propagate the Git repo directory to any New/Import wizard?

There is no such way
Actually, I think there is something possible without changing API: using the WizardContainer and Control.setData() to pass extra arguments to the wizards. This doesn't require to change API, just to decide of a good symbol for such parameter.

- that is why we are creating the auto-detector wizard to let wizards like git clone call something more smart than what it does now :)
You're mixing the use-cases: even with auto-detectors, these auto-detectors would need to be given a directory from where to start detection. There goal is to skip the step where user chooses a wizard.
But here, we're discussing about skipping the step where user selects a directory for the "New" wizard just after a git import.

What would it help to pass that directory anyway to a import wizard that only worries about a single project
when a git repo can have multiple ?
In order to find multiple project in a directory, you still need to know where is this directory.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top