Re: [egit-dev] [Import] Why proposing the New Project wizard instead of Import Projects wizard?

On 10/16/2014 05:01 PM, Matthias Sohn wrote:
I meant that I like it that you seem to be willing to work on improving the import project wizard in EGit ;-)
Yes, with the multiplication of project types (Maven, Gradle, JS, Bower, Grunt, C++, PDE, whatever else that already exists, and whatever else that will be created...), it has become often complex even for experienced users to find an efficient process to import things the right way within the IDE.
This has become a major-ish usability concern for JBoss Tools, so it's something we're actively willing to improve for sure.
I didn't look at the THyM import wizard yet
It's "just" a regular wizard that takes as input a directory and expects some files to be there. It's comparable to the Import Existing project wizard or the Import Maven projects wizard, except that it looks for config.xml instead of .project or pom.xml).

Also, do you have an idea about my second question? About a generic & backward-compatible way to propagate the Git repo directory to any New/Import wizard?

not from the top of my headand I can't look into that soon since I have to prepare for EclipseCon
and soon leave for vacation until ECE :-)
Ok. Enjoy your vacation and ECE!
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat