Re: [egit-dev] Missing tree/blob <hash> when trying to push

FWIW we have seen these sporadically going back to old versions of Gerrit (in the Maven days) using the native git client to push. Re pushing the same hash from the client didn't work but rebasing the commit (which therefore changed the trees) did fix the issue. We were not able to reproduce the problem in a small enough repository that we could share. So it's a server side issue.

I think we succeeded when pushing to the standby host (which used the same disk storage but with implicitly different server state cache) but I couldn't say for sure if this always worked. I wonder if the GC causes the caches to be cleared and so fixes the problem that way rather than being a repo data problem.

Alex

Sent from my iPhat 6