Re: [egit-dev] Cherry Pick confirmation message

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 10:45 AM, Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 10:36 AM, Matthias Nisch <matthias.nisch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

when I do a cherry pick out of the history in eclipse there appears the following confirmation message:

Are you sure you want to cherry pick commit '<ID>' onto branch '<BRANCH_NAME>'?

I use this to recheck again that I really selected the right commit. But for me it would be better when also the commit message would be displayed, so I don't have to compare the IDs. Like:

Are you sure you want to cherry pick commit '<ID> <COMMIT_MESSAGE>' onto branch '<BRANCH_NAME>'?

good idea

Do you want to contribute this improvement ? Then follow our contributor guide

I pushed https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/32581/ for review, it's adding commit id and short message
of the selected commits to the cherry-pick confirmation message

--
MatthiasĀ

Back to the top