Re: [egit-dev] Fwd: Translated Egit user guide into Spanish

El 30/07/2014 14:58, "Matthias Sohn" <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Diego Alonso González <diego.alonso.gonzalez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hello there,
>> My name is Diego Alonso González, I'm a native Spanish speaker quite fluent in English, I need to use git and egit and I had troubles to understand the way it works so I decided to study it and translate its user guide too.
>> I have been using omegat under debian to achieve it so now i'd like  to upload to create a new Spanish 'Guía de Usuario'.
>

> nice :-)
>

>> I've created my new user at eclipse org in order to place the translation  but there is no standard translation policy so, could you point me out what to do next?
>

> We edit the user guide in the wiki and use wiki-text to generate Eclipse Help out of it during the Maven build.

There I have been doing this ;-)

> The documentation source is manually updated into the egit git repository [1] and the maven build picks it
> up from there in order to avoid that the build depends on access to the Eclipse wiki.
> I use to update the documentation copied into the egit git repository before tagging a new release
> or if someone does larger updates in the wiki.
>
> As a first step you could create a new wiki page under https://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit for the spanish translation.
> I could try to tweek the build to produce another flavor of org.eclipse.egit.doc bundle for spanish out of that.
> We would also need to extract the documentation into its own feature so that users can choose if they
> want to install it and which language they prefer.

I hope this works... based on what I know from wordpress doc translation I created wiki.eclipse.org/Es:EGit and replicated the structure as in the original wiki. I needed two new templates. Template:Es:EGit Template:Es:EGitLink.

Still fixing typos on my translation and I intend to translate the collaborator guide too... if I miss something let me know.

> I have no idea yet how to ensure that the english original and its
> translation stay in sync. We should ask the Eclipse Babel [2] projects for ideas
> (or maybe they already have a solution).

I shall tinker with babel later on...
Cheers.
Diego.

> [1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/Contributor_Guide#Documentation