Re: [egit-dev] Copyright in source headers

> HI all,
>
> I think our contributor guide is not in line with the Eclipse IP
> team.
> https://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/Contributor_Guide#Copyright
>
> From http://www.eclipse.org/legal/copyrightandlicensenotice.php:
> … If the content is subsequently modified and appended to by other
> copyright owners, the words "and others" are typically appended.
> [..] The words "and others" are used to avoid having to list every
> copyright owner [..] ...
>
> I also think it mixes up authors with copyright owners. Any
> objections if I change it to reduce the clutter and bring it inline
> with the suggestions of the foundation?

What would you like to change specifically?

We currently have a mixture of copyright headers in EGit. I'd like
to simplify it to just the single line "and others" form, but it
would require a big commit changing some of the existing headers.
Not sure if we want to do that.

Well, I would like it even more if it just said "Please look at the
output of `git log`", but apparently legal people like redundancy ;).

Regards,
  Nibor

Back to the top