Re: [egit-dev] EGit / Gerrit / Refspec enhancement

Hi Gunnar,

Am 13.03.2014 09:44, schrieb Gunnar Wagenknecht:
> Am 13.03.2014 um 09:06 schrieb Sascha Vogt <FunkyFish@xxxxxxx>:

>> question was: Would it make sense to add some special handling to
>> EGit for the described use-case? Does any of the Gerrit users here
>> push something without review on a regular basis while also pushing
>> equally regular for review? Or do you guys put everything in a
>> review even prototypes? Or do you have a second repository for
>> prototypes hosted some place else?
>
> I’m not sure I understand your proposal completely. But sometime I
> wish that I can define ref-spec "templates" on a per repository
> basis. Thus, for example, if I checkout branch XYZ, EGit would
> automatically create a push ref-spec based on an defined template
> which does not push to "refs/for/master" but to
> "refs/for/maintenance_1.2.3.whatever".
>
> Would a feature like that help in your case as well? For example, you
> could define a template for "sandbox/*" branches which would result
> in ref-specs for pushing each branch (when checked out) directly.

Yes, that's basically what I want. I came into that more (too) focused
on Gerrit. A general purpose refspec-templating is probably more useful
and would perfectly (well depending a bit on how rich the templating is)
cover my use case.

Greetings
-Sascha-

Back to the top