Re: [egit-dev] EGit / Gerrit / Refspec enhancement

Hi Sascha,

Am 13.03.2014 um 09:06 schrieb Sascha Vogt <FunkyFish@xxxxxxx>:
The question was: Would it make sense to add some special handling to
> EGit for the described use-case? Does any of the Gerrit users here push
> something without review on a regular basis while also pushing equally
> regular for review? Or do you guys put everything in a review even
> prototypes? Or do you have a second repository for prototypes hosted
> some place else?

I’m not sure I understand your proposal completely. But sometime I wish that I can define ref-spec "templates" on a per repository basis. Thus, for example, if I checkout branch XYZ, EGit would automatically create a push ref-spec based on an defined template which does not push to "refs/for/master" but to "refs/for/maintenance_1.2.3.whatever".

Would a feature like that help in your case as well? For example, you could define a template for "sandbox/*" branches which would result in ref-specs for pushing each branch (when checked out) directly.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx