[egit-dev] Fwd: Re: EGit / Gerrit / Refspec enhancement

Sorry, this should have gone to the list

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Re: [egit-dev] EGit / Gerrit / Refspec enhancement
Datum: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 23:08:33 +0100
Von: Sascha Vogt <sascha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: Lay, Stefan <stefan.lay@xxxxxxx>

Hi Stefan,

On 12/03/14 16:31, Lay, Stefan wrote:
> On 12.03.14 10:08, "Sascha Vogt" <FunkyFish@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Now, the HEAD:refs/for/master refspec fails, because obviously sandbox/*
>> stuff should not be pushed to for/master but to the remote equivalent.
>> So what I would LIKE to use is something like
>> refs/heads/sandbox/*:refs/remotes/origin/sandbox/*
>> refs/heads/topic/*:refs/for/master
>
> Do you want that the users push all the local branches when they do a push
> upstream or just the checked out one? Such a ref spec would push all the
> branches.

I think I would slightly prefer only pushing the currently checked out
branch but pushing all might be OK too.

> Or do you want that the push pushes the current branch, but according
> to some rule specified in the config? AFAIK this is not possible with a
> push ref spec.

Both of my proposals are currently not possible (neither C, nor EGit) as
you need to have * on both sides or on neither. And HEAD is always the
currently checked out tip of branch, so it doesn't make any distinction
if there is another push-spec besides a HEAD:refs/for/master... In fact
C-Git will complain if the push specs are non-unique.

The question was: Would it make sense to add some special handling to
EGit for the described use-case? Does any of the Gerrit users here push
something without review on a regular basis while also pushing equally
regular for review? Or do you guys put everything in a review even
prototypes? Or do you have a second repository for prototypes hosted
some place else?

Greetings
-Sascha-

Back to the top