Re: [egit-dev] EGit / Gerrit / Refspec enhancement

Hi Alex,

Am 12.03.2014 10:35, schrieb Alex Blewitt:
> On 12 Mar 2014, at 09:08, Sascha Vogt <FunkyFish@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> We use Gerrit and Mylyn and so the default refspec is
>> HEAD:refs/for/master - this is great for normal
>> "review"-operations.
>>
>> We also have a sandbox namespace in Gerrit where we can put our
>> prototypes to sandbox/${username}/*
>>
>> Now, the HEAD:refs/for/master refspec fails, because obviously
>> sandbox/* stuff should not be pushed to for/master but to the
>> remote equivalent.
>
> Do you want things in the sandbox to go through review, or directly
> written into the repository as a remote branch? If the latter, you
> can push to HEAD:refs/heads/sandbox/${username} instead.
Sandbox should not go through review, the rest should.
I know I can push it, the point was to SAVE a refspec which "just works"
- so users can always use the "push to upstream" command and it will end
up in the correct place. This is currently not possible. You need to
adjust the refspec yourself.

> You could also use the refs/drafts/master which is a way of pushing
> work-in-progress that’s not ready for publication, and then
> subsequently convert the drafts to full when it’s ready.
Yes, I know the capabilities but that was not the point ;)

Greetings
-Sascha-

Back to the top