Re: [egit-dev] EGit / Gerrit / Refspec enhancement

On 12 Mar 2014, at 09:08, Sascha Vogt <FunkyFish@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> We use Gerrit and Mylyn and so the default refspec is
> HEAD:refs/for/master - this is great for normal "review"-operations.
>
> We also have a sandbox namespace in Gerrit where we can put our
> prototypes to sandbox/${username}/*
>
> Now, the HEAD:refs/for/master refspec fails, because obviously sandbox/*
> stuff should not be pushed to for/master but to the remote equivalent.

Do you want things in the sandbox to go through review, or directly written into the repository as a remote branch? If the latter, you can push to HEAD:refs/heads/sandbox/${username} instead.

You could also use the refs/drafts/master which is a way of pushing work-in-progress that’s not ready for publication, and then subsequently convert the drafts to full when it’s ready.

Alex

Back to the top