Re: [egit-dev] [jgit-dev] 4.0 branch should be created ASAP

I agree that 4.0 should better be master if 3.3 is created.

Mikael

Le 20 janv. 2014 à 10:02, Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 9:05 AM, Mikaël Barbero <mikael.barbero@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all!

As Axel points out in its previous mail, and if we stick to the Eclipse simultaneous release process, the API freeze for Luna should happen with M6 (on March 7th). As  3.3 is planned to be released on February 28th, it only lets one week to do all API changes for 4.0/Luna.

IMHO, I think the 4.0 branch should be created ASAP to start integrating API changes like symlinks support. The sooner the better.

What do you think?

I can create the stable-3.3 branches later today, all changes which shall reach 3.3 should then be moved
to that branch, 4.0 changes would then go to master.

Though I couldn't find any breaking API changes but a couple of missing @since tags in the symlink series [1]
so which change are you referring to here ?

--
Matthias

Back to the top