Re: [egit-dev] locking mechanism

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM, Laurent Goubet <laurent.goubet@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I didn't expect this thread to spawn so many sub-questions... Just goes to show the diversity of people here I guess :).

My original issue is independent from whether we keep the deletion hook or not, or whether we add a hook for additions, or whether we have a hook for moves... As Stefan said, some kind of a reentrant DirCache lock is what I'd need, I don't think this is specific to the model-aware merging I'm trying to achieve : this would most likely be encoutered at one point or the other by anyone trying to integrate his tool with E/JGit. If E/Jgit has started an operation that locked the dircache, any hook or higher-level delegation (such as what I'm doing) will encouter similar issues; which will be worsened as E/Jgit evolves : if we add a hook to auto-stage moves, this will be one more thing that could potentially try and "re-lock" an already locked DirCache.

moves are already auto-staged by the same hook GitMoveDeleteHook which is also auto-staging deletes

I will be unable to answer here for the next two weeks and won't be able to monitor gerrit either, but I will try and put such a change together when I return.

nice

Until then, I wish you a happy new year ;).

           *             ,
                       _/^\_
                      <     >
     *                 /.-.\         *