Re: [egit-dev] locking mechanism

I mean the "soft-wrap" behavior. The text box should just scroll instead.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robin Stocker [mailto:robin@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2013 12:36 PM
To: Konstantin Komissarchik
Cc: EGit developer discussion
Subject: Re: [egit-dev] locking mechanism

Konstantin Komissarchik wrote:
> Would it be possible to turn off wrapping in the staging view message
> box? I like the staging view, but the wrapping behavior is
> exceptionally annoying when I need to include content that should not
> wrap like stack traces or code snippets.

In the preferences, go to Team > Git > Commit Dialog. There you can disable "Hard-wrap commit message".

Or did you mean the soft-wrap behavior of the text field?

By the way, I just noticed that it's not obvious that the preference page above is called "Commit Dialog" when it also applies to the staging view. Fix for that:

https://git.eclipse.org/r/20077

Cheers,
  Nibor

Back to the top