Re: [egit-dev] Fwd: locking mechanism

Hi,

Am 19.12.2013 um 09:41 schrieb Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx>:
I think In order to stay interoperable with c git we can't give up on using the existing file locking mechanism.

I doubt that sharing the lock within the same process / thread makes it incompatible with c git. It still is the same locking mechanism. EGit just needs to get smarter and detect and ongoing transaction and participate within it.

The resource hooks are invoked within the same thread if you call operations on IFile directly. That’s another reason you shouldn't call them in the UI thread. :)

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx