Re: [egit-dev] locking mechanism

Hi,

Am 18.12.2013 um 16:06 schrieb Lay, Stefan <stefan.lay@xxxxxxx>:

 I also don't understand why deletions are automatically added to the index. Maybe this was necessary at the very beginning of the Egit/Jgit project. I would rather remove it for the deletion of files than add it for adding files.

It definitely was a usability issue in the beginning. Deleting a file should be simple. If I delete a file in my workspace and then commit, the delete must be committed. We should not require the user to perform any additional operation.

Having said that, I think the delete hook can be removed *if* we can ensure that the deleted file is pre-selected in the commit dialog when I invoke it on any of it’s parents (parent folder or project). Back in the days this wasn’t the case.

But I don’t know about moves. Doesn’t JGit auto-detect moves?

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx