Re: [egit-dev] Request for a review

> Am 12.12.2013 14:16, schrieb Matthias Sohn:
> > BTW reviews can also be done by non-committers, though a committer
> > has
> > to +2 and submit the change to conclude the review successfully.
>
> Is this something EGit wants? I was afraid to add my +1 to something
> as
> I have basically NO idea what standards you're trying to achieve.

Yes, I would welcome that (speaking for myself here).

As for code style, see here:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/Contributor_Guide#Coding_standards

Other than that, I don't think we have any special criteria, as long
as the code is clean (subjective) and understandable.

> If
> it's ok, I'll try to check 1 or 2 of the simpler ones and give my +1
> if
> the described commit works (or if it at least works for me ;)

Yes, that would already be very valuable feedback! :)

Another area where we could use help is bug triage. We did a bit of
that as preparation for EclipseCon Europe 2013 and many of the bugs
were fixed or no longer relevant and could be closed.

A good way to go about this is to open the "Open Bugs" link from here:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/Contributor_Guide#Bugs

... and then sorting by "Changed". Then try to reproduce the issue
and add a comment with the result. If you can not reproduce it, we can
close it (I'm not sure if a non-committer can do that).

> > We assume authors to be responsible to drive their contributions
> > forward,
> > often such older reviews are stalled since the author doesn't react
> > on
> > review
> > comments. Though it happens also that such stale changes are taken
> > up again
> > even after sleeping for a longer time. We could abandon those where
> > the
> > author
> > seems to have gone elsewhere. Maybe I find time for this beginning
> > of
> > next year.
>
> I've pinged @cra via Twitter and he immediately abandoned his two.
> I'll
> try that with some of the other older ones, if I find a Twitter
> handle
> from the author, a few names sound familiar ;)

We should probably also go through the changes that have not had any
review at all yet, here's a Gerrit query that could work:

  status:open -label:Code-Review project:egit/egit

Regards,
  Nibor

Back to the top