Re: [egit-dev] upload-pack / receive-pack

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 7:28 PM, logic.cpp <logic.cpp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
Because of my remote setup*, when I clone I need to specify the '-u' parameter /full/path/to/git/libexec/git-core/git-upload-pack, and when I push I need to specify --receive-pack=/full/path/to/git/libexec/git-core/git-receive-pack, which works perfectly fine when I do so from command line.

I am unable to clone/push with Egit because I can't find how to send these parameters. How can I configure Egit to also have these parameters when pushing/cloning?

I guess it should work like this (not tested myself):
  • open the config file of your repository and find the remote pointing to your server,
  • add the following option under this remote's (e.g. "origin") section:
[remote "origin"]
url = "" href="https://githost.your.domain/path/to/your/gitrepo.git">https://githost.your.domain/path/to/your/gitrepo.git
        receivepack =  /full/path/to/git/libexec/git-core/git-receive-pack

then try to push using EGit, good luck ;-)

--
Matthias

Back to the top