Re: [egit-dev] Improvement Suggestions / What's your opinion(s)?

Hi :)

[snip]
> > ·         Some kind of (Java!) commit “checker”. What I mean by that is that we want to hook a piece of Java code into EGit
> that gets the chance to do some checks/verification on a commit. Christian and I talked a little about that and agreed that
> the most simple solution would be an extension point that is called right /after/ the commit happened, passing the final
> commit object. But this is merely first thoughts :)
>
> I believe this would be of great value, allowing me to replicate git
> commit hooks with ease. I typically have git commit hooks running
> client-side, looking for policy violations, but of course that doesn't
> work in Eclipse.

And from what I hear, it'd be perfectly ok to replicate the hooks in pure java code, right? I hope that's the opinion of most, because I don't think that shell scripts are of any value to platform independent java libraries :)

Markus

> Robert

[snip]
[Beschreibung: facebook_icon_signatur]<http://www.facebook.com/SSI.SCHAEFER.DE>   [Beschreibung: twitter_icon_signatur] <http://twitter.com/ssi_schaefer_de>    [Beschreibung: youtube_icon_signatur] <http://www.youtube.com/user/lagerlogistik1>    [Beschreibung: blog_button_signatur] <http://www.ssi-schaefer.de/blog>    [Beschreibung: feed_icon_signatur] <http://www.ssi-schaefer.de/news-infocenter/aktuelles/rss.xml>
--
Salomon Automation GmbH - Friesachstrasse 15 - A-8114 Friesach bei Graz
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Friesach bei Graz

Back to the top