Re: [egit-dev] Eclipse Egit dev

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Robin Stocker <robin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone been able to, with reasonable effort, set up fully working
> development environment with Kepler or newer?
> With Juno we could just import the required plugins with the import.
> I can get things up the hard way with kepler by
> manually import each and every plugin from Orbit and elsewhere, but
> then there are a ton of errors because of
> incompatibilities with SWTBot or hamcrest. Is it just me?

Hey Robin,

Yes, I've been using Kepler since it was released.

Have you tried using the "egit-4.3.target" target platform? That works
here. I personally don't install the dependencies into Eclipse itself,
but always use the target platform instead [1].

With an "Eclipse for RCP" as base, the only things I install on top
are SWTBot (for Run As > SWTBot Test), EclEmma and the Execution
Environment descriptions.

Regards,
  Nibor

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/Contributor_Guide#Option_1:_Use_a_Target_Platform

- don't use the latest swtbot snapshot as it relies on hamcrest 1.3 which isn't fully available from orbit (which is a mess) but use the latest release instead (http://download.eclipse.org/technology/swtbot/releases/2.1.0/) until this problem is fixed

--
Matthias

Back to the top