Re: [egit-dev] [jgit-dev] [Announce] JGit / EGit 3.1.0.201310021548-r release

And for my future happiness, _please_ don't remove the "compute
change-id" button from the commit dialog or staging view even if Gerrit
is not configured for a repo.  I have been using that function without
Gerrit and losing it would be a real bummer.

didn't consider that, what are you using the ID for if you don't use Gerrit ?

:D

One missing feature in Gitblit is a way to make a contribution to a repository.  There are two popular designs for this: the Pull/Merge Request and the Patchset.  While both have their merits, I think the Patchset approach is better for collaboration and yields a cleaner repository history.

For the past few months I have been working on a Ticket (issue/change/your favorite noun) feature for Gitblit which uses a simplified version of Gerrit's patchset mechanism (change-id: and refs/changes/..).  Because of this, right now, the "compute change-id" buttons are absolutely critical functions for me.

Secondary to me, right now, are the missing "Fetch/Push from Gerrit" menu items which is what prompted my inquiry.  The changes you've made in hiding Gerrit functionality from non-Gerrit-tagged repositories makes sense.  I'm probably the only person out there (at least for now) who is using those functions without using Gerrit as the backend.

-J

Back to the top