Re: [egit-dev] [jgit-dev] [Announce] JGit / EGit 3.1.0.201310021548-r release

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 6:49 PM, <james.moger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nice.  I just updated EGit and I like the improvements.

One question....

"Only show Gerrit menu entries when Gerrit is configured for a
repository "

I have an older clone of the jgit repo with the git:// origin.
I can't seem to figure out how to configure it for Gerrit.

What exactly is EGit looking for?  Some settings in .git/config?

yes, it looks for a push configuration using refs/for/<branch> or
the configuration parameter gerrit.createchangeid

you can configure that as described here

And for my future happiness, _please_ don't remove the "compute
change-id" button from the commit dialog or staging view even if Gerrit
is not configured for a repo.  I have been using that function without
Gerrit and losing it would be a real bummer.

didn't consider that, what are you using the ID for if you don't use Gerrit ?

--
Matthias

Back to the top