Re: [egit-dev] [jgit-dev] Plan for upcoming releases

Wow, that's great news that somebody approaches this feature of merge drivers in JGit.

Since I wrote most of JGits ResolveMerger & MergeAlgorithm class and I can offer my help whenever there is doubt about how to refactor this code. We should clearly differentiate between changes to MergeStrategies (ours, theirs, resolve, recursive) and that component which does the content merge (a merge driver a native git, in JGit it's the MergeAlgorithm class).  But as I can see from your previous mail you are well aware about that and I guess what you want is mainly alternative implementations of the MergeAlgorithm class.

But, before exchanging ideas to long on the mailing list with mails with the generic subject "Plan for upcoming releases" I would suggest that you open a bug in bugs.eclipse.org for jgit and that we continue discussing there.

Ciao
  Chris

Ciao
  Chris