Re: [egit-dev] Support for rebase interactive

Hi Tobi,

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Pfeifer, Tobias <to.pfeifer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working on a view for interactive rebase in EGit.
>
> Regarding this discussion I decided to approach the rebase interactive with a new view for the following reasons:
> -A modal Dialog would block the UI, this can be really annoying since the "planning phase" may be a long lasting task where I do not want to have my UI blocked.
> -As mentioned in the discussion the HistoryView is already pretty complex
> -It would be hard to distinguish between what would be the result of the rebase (i.e. what is the plan) and what is the current respository state in the HistoryView
> -IMO the HistoryView is responsible for displaying the current history of the repository. It might be confusing for beginners if we mix responsibilities here.
>
> See the screenshots of the current state attached to this mail (note that unlike in c git the "planned steps" are not shown in reverse order in this view - I'm not quite sure on how to display the "steps").
> I've planned to push a working version of my current work as an early draft by Monday.
>
> comments, recommendations, feedback is appreciated.

I think this looks good and is a really welcomed addition :-)

Regarding the visuals, I would suggest making the top-level actions
(refresh, start) part of the toolbar itself, just like in the history
view at the right. This would save quite some space.