[egit-dev] RFC: Publish branch wizard

Hey hey,

Some time ago, I submitted a change for a new wizard that can be used
for pushing a branch for the first time (e.g. a new feature branch to a
centralized repository):

https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/11868/

It hasn't received any feedback yet. The code still has some TODOs, so
please don't comment on that yet. I want to get the UI right first, so
it would be good to get some feedback about that.

So, this is what it currently looks like, when pushing a feature branch:

http://imgur.com/a/qVTiq

Note that in the case the branch is already configured to track another
branch, a warning is shown that the old configuration is overwritten.

It can also be used when there is no remote yet (say after starting a
new repository), then it looks like this:

http://imgur.com/a/hWMLh

What do you think? What should be improved?

Cheers,
  Nibor

Back to the top