Re: [egit-dev] How to build current egit / jgit - unable to find org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.zip

2012/12/10 Robert Munteanu <robert.munteanu@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi,

Currently the EGit Hudson build fails [1] due to a missing p2 dependency

"No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable.": ["Unable to
satisfy dependency from org.eclipse.jgit.pgm 2.2.0.201212100959 to
package org.apache.commons.compress.archivers [1.3.0,2.0.0).", "Unable
to satisfy dependency from org.eclipse.jgit.pgm 2.2.0.201212100959 to
package org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.tar [1.3.0,2.0.0).",
"Unable to satisfy dependency from org.eclipse.jgit.pgm
2.2.0.201212100959 to package
org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.zip [1.3.0,2.0.0).", "No
solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable."]

The latest Orbit S-Build [2] does provide have the commons-compress bundle.

How can I build the current jgit/egit codebase? I would like to verify
some bugs which exist in 2.1 and see if they are fixed with 2.2 .

Thanks,

Robert

[1]: https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/egit/
[2]: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S20121207152029/

we've got the approval to use Apache commons compress and the jgit pgm build succeeds
since it compiles against Maven central. But the egit build tries to package this library
into its p2 repository for OSGi consumers and this fails since this library isn't yet available
from Orbit. Chris wanted to care for publishing this lib in Orbit but it seems he didn't yet find
time to work on that.

I pushed [1] as a workaround marking org.eclipse.jgit.pgm's dependencies to apache commons
compress as optional as a temporary fix for the failing egit p2 repository build. As soon
as apache commons compress is available we can revert this change.

--
Matthias

Back to the top